Monday, August 4, 2008

So here I am in my hotel room at Niagara Falls again.
Today had about 3 hours of awesomeness and the rest was languishing. It was worth it though.
First hour of awesomeness: The Maid of the Mist. An extreme experience. DO THIS. Pay the 14 dollars, wait in line, and crowd yourself on a boat with 600 other people as it embarks to get an up-close and personal experience of the Falls. It rocks. You have to enter from the Ontario side, but so what? If you want to see the falls, you pretty much have to go to Ontario. The Falls face the Ontario side--i.e. the view from the New York side is nothing compared to the view on the Ontario side.
Second hour of awesomeness: Eating the food at the Keg restaurant. But that's the only thing about the restaurant that was awesome. The service could have been better, but we got totally gipped. The menu stated that the prime rib that my dad ordered was $30.95, but it appeared at $35.95 on the bill. Bullshit! And then the 12 oz. steak I ordered with the meal I got apparently jacked the price up $10; nobody notified me of this. I got steak and shrimp. For appetizers we got chips with this crab and spinach dip with lemon, and this flatbread with cheese, tomatoes, and what tasted like...teriyaki sauce!? But it was good. And the bread....it was so soft and flavorful. I want to learn to make bread like that and eat it with every meal I cook...once I learn to cook, if THAT ever happens >_>.
Third hour of awesomeness: Messing around with Jason and Shelby in the pool. Yes, I know that I can do this anywhere in any hotel. But that was more fun than wandering around looking at thousands upon thousands of useless trinkets with the words "Niagara Falls" printed on them.
The rest sucked because we just wandered around staring at stupid stuff. Like magnets, coffee mugs, keychains, plushies, and hats. I came to see the falls, damnit! Not all this touristy shit!
That shit is everywhere. It's been built up into a tourist trap of mind-blowing proportions. It's like the Wisconsin Dells. But WORSE.
At least the falls were cool. Here, nature provides us with something spectacular, and then people come and make it all commercial. All for stupid money.
I need to start thinking about decorations to get for college. Idk what to get though.
I'm off to bed. I'm tired of standing and walking and following older women look at trinkets.

No comments: