Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Packing for College

Today I'm just packing for college and running last-minute errands because I'm moving in tomorrow. I really can't picture myself living there right now. But I'm sure that will clear up in the weeks to come.
It'll be nice to go to school, if my classes aren't as excruciating and time-consuming as I dread they might be.
Yesterday, I went to Chicago with Zexi, Steven, Joey, and Jake. Wei was there for dinner too. We went to this fancy Brazilian steakhouse where these waiter dudes walked around with cuts of meat. There was a little chip at everyone's seat; one side said "Yes, please" and the other said "no thank you." If you left the "yes" side facing up, the waiters would come to your seat and offer to slice you off a chunk of meat. They had sirloin, pork, garlic steak, brazilian beef, pineapple, and filet mignon wrapped in bacon. The bacon kind of annihilated any flavor that the filet had, so I took the bacon off of the filet so I could eat them separately. I ate so much that I was full for the rest of the day and them some. All I've had to eat since then was a few cookies.
After the steakhouse (it cost about $25 but I ate so much that it was worth it), we walked to Navy Pier and rented a quadricycle. It was like a bicycle, but there were two rows of seats and two sets of pedals for each row. Wei had left (he kind of just oddly disappeared) and it was the five of us. Steven was in the middle. I plan on making a youtube video of the experience because I was taking video for much of the time. There's definitely reason to make a video out of it, too, because it was a BLAST!

Then I went to IMSA and visited some of the suckers who had to start school already. I might want one of those webcams, Chris. Just putting it out there.
I'm not going to miss that place at all. We'll see if college turns out to be a better story =].

1 comment:

Jessica said...

so, I am so jealous you are going to college, which reminds me, I need your address, so i can write you a letter, which I plan to do this week if I'm not to tired from being tackled by children all day. If not, it will happen this weekend, but I want your address!!!!
and that restraunt in chicago sounds really tasty...mmmmm MEAT!!!!
I'm a meatatarian, are you a meatatarian?