Friday, August 1, 2008

fffffffffffffffffffuck. It's August already.
Time sure flies when you're doing nothing yet still occupied with things to do.
There are certain activities that I do which I classify as "nothing." Those are the things that I do everyday when I have no commitments to take care of. Like drawing maps, facebooking, and video games.

Speaking of facebook, the "new" facebook just came out yesterday. This might be my inner Republicanness speaking, but I'm not sure if I like it. I really appreciate how facebook is trying to quell the annoyance of having 37 application boxes on someone's profile, though.
I think there might be an easy way to determine a facebooker who belongs on myspace. Count the profile boxes. If there are 25 or more, that person should go spend time on myspace instead.
Keep it simple, stupid.
People tell me that they don't have a facebook because it's too complicated.
That is fucking stupid.
It's stupid because all of the operations that you'll want to do are divided into separate applications. It makes it really easy to customize what's on your page. Sure, you can't change the appearance of it, but you can easily customize which functions go on your page. Facebook is meant to be a networking DEVICE...Myspace seems to be meant more for self-expression.
I'm excited to add four more states, not to mention a Canadian province, to my list of places I've visited. And yes, they are called "provinces." Not "providences." There's only one "providence." It's in Rhode Island.
Actually, there's probably more than one. There's at least ten Springfields. I know of one in Massachusetts, Illinois, and Missouri...and I'm sure there's more. There are a lot of Bloomingtons too. There's one in Illinois, Minnesota, and Indiana.
I find my brother's whiny white-boy music so ridiculous that I started writing a parody song of it. Tyler came up with the idea when we went on our road trip to Pontiac and Bloomington. HAH! Bloomington. What a coincidence.
Apparently, there's a youtube gathering in Toronto on August 8th. I'm going to be there on August 5th. Sofaking close.
Also in the Toronto area is this thing called the African Lion Safari. Apparently, you can just drive through this big area where all sorts of exotic animals roam freely (not just lions).
I only have 93 friends from IMSA listed on my facebook. I try to be honest.
I'm a bit apprehensive about college. I hope this feeling goes away before I go away. One thing I've learned from IMSA is that everything sucks about school, except the feeling of a job well done, and except for your friends. So once I meet some cool people, things will all be good.

Positive things about college:
-Friends and socializing

Negative things about college:
-It costs a lot
-You're far away
-It's hard work
-The food sucks
-You don't get sleep
-Rooming can be a pain in the ass
-You don't have much time to hang out or relax

Somehow things should even out. I hope they do. Keyword: hope

I've been running across certain youtube users' videos. Like this cool Russian juggler/comedian girl. She seems really cool to meet.

And by the by, I finally played Portal today. It's a really interesting video game. If you don't know about it, you should. Google that shit. Google it real good =)
I beat the friggin game too. It's not a long game at all, but still. My eyes are pretty tired.

I feel empowered to finally be able to type on my laptop's built-in keyboard. It's something I haven't been able to do in 2 1/2 years. I can hear the keys as I type them more clearly; it makes me feel like I'm a good typer. Which is bullshit. You should see the way I type. It's kinda-sorta-fairly fast, but it's in no way the proper way to do it. I wonder how many people really do type properly, using the correct hand positions and what-not, the way they would teach us in our tech class in middle/high school.

I sincerely hope that Portal isn't an attempt at subliminal messaging that condemns stem-cell research.

I don't like seeing your underwear. I don't care who you are.

I'm pretty tired of love songs. Neyo is not the only one. Can't someone sing about soccer, or pineapples, or something? It's getting really fucking old. Really. Fucking. Old. Try something else, seriously. EVERY SONG relates to love or relationships or sex or something. There's so much more to life than that. If all you think about is significant-members-of-the-opposite-sex, then you'll end up with a significant other that will become your entire world. Then, when that significant other becomes your "ex", your world will be destroyed and you won't know what to do with yourself. Don't just bank on one little thing.

This brings up the "dating is like poker" thing below.

I wrote a song about the ideas in that paragraph above. Or at least I started to. I don't know if I'll ever finish it. That's how it is with all of my songs. I'll start it, but I'll put an amount of effort into finishing it that accords to my approval of the idea...and most of my ideas aren't gems. Thus, I end up finishing few of the songs I begin to write.

I saw a video of Tay Zonday singing a version of "Pork & Beans" along with a dude from Weezer who could not contain his laughter as he played the acoustic guitar. Haha.

I need to go to sleep. Go watch Yugioh the Abridged Series or something.

No comments: