Saturday, August 16, 2008

Once again, I'd like to reiterate that horror movies are FUCKING STUPID!
Whenever any of my friends asks me to watch a horror film, I refuse. If I get sucked into doing so anyway, I ruin it for them, therefore getting my vengeance in doing so. The plot is usually devoid of any originality or overall appeal, and the movie just tries to make its viewers jump all the time. And in order to make us jump all the time, the main characters find themselves in situations that will scare us. In order for these people to get into these tragic situations, they have to be DUMB ENOUGH TO GET THEMSELVES INTO THE SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE. People will see a dead person hanging from the ceiling and think, "oh well that's kind of gross." But they KEEP WALKING. If you see a dead person, you TURN AND RUN. I usually end up rooting for the ANtagonist in these movies because the PROtagonists are too stupid to deserve to live and should be euthanized. NOBODY is that stupid. If I am to be scared by a horror film, I have to believe that the events which take place in the movie have at least somewhat of a possibility of occurring in real life. If the main characters are unrealistically stupid, then I will not be scared because it's not realistic!
What's more, don't really like to see dead parts of any animal, vertebrate or invertebrate. I wouldn't pay money to see anything like that, either. That doesn't do it for me. And the sound effects in horror movies are just retarded. Those sounds don't occur in real life. They aren't that loud. They'll have the sound of a dripping faucet in there, but it'll be super loud. Faucets do not come with megaphones. They are not super loud in reality. This takes away from the realism, therefore putting me in disbelief about the whole situation and preventing me from being scared by the possibility of the situation happening to me in real life. There will be screeching violins, too. That doesn't happen in real life, unless you're at an elementary school talent show or something. I don't recall ever seeing a horror movie taking place at an elementary school talent show; if the idea was ever proposed, the NFC WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF IT IN A HEARTBEAT. If I hear screeching sounds in horror movies that I would never hear in real life, this takes away from the realism, therefore putting me in disbelief about the whole situation and preventing me from being scared by the possibility of the situation happening to me in real life.
People in real life do not say, "Hey, a dead person! And the blood is fresh! I think I'll run over there!" They get the fuck away. There's a REASON why Mother Nature made dead carcasses smell like shit. You are supposed to get away. People in real life do not walk into a serial killer's house and think it's okay to get naked and take a shower. People in real life aren't stupid enough to get into the situations presented in horror films. Because of that, I find the situations unbelievable, and I'm not scared. I can't be scared of something that can't possibly exist!

I'm going to college in 5 days. I'm getting more used to the idea of leaving home for a long time. I'm also thinking about coming home for Labor Day weekend. That's only a week and a half past the day I move in. After Labor Day, I have no days off until Thanksgiving. I should start thinking about what to do for Halloween. I want to pull off a kick-ass idea this year.

I'm about done with my shopping. My mom and I went to Office Max and Wal-Mart yesterday. I found a $42 microwave there!! I couldn't pass it up! I still need to buy a midgerator (midget refrigerator). Hmm...which do you think is better: midgerator ot fridget? I think I like fridget better.

Leave me a comment so that I know that all of this writing isn't going to waste and someone is actually reading my ideas.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i like fridget better too.

so i pretty much scrolled by your sentimetns on scary movies, because whatever you say, as long as you hate them, i totally agree. :)