Thursday, August 14, 2008

Geocaching is pretty cool.

Today, I hung out with Tyler and we went geocaching. What you do when you go geocaching is look on the website geocaching.com for coordinate pairs (latitude and longitude) of geocaching sites, go to those coordinates, and search for a container that serves as the official "cache." Inside the container, you should find some form of a logbook, on which you can sign your name. What people tend to do is write the date of their finding the site, and signing their username for geocaching.com. Tyler and I made our name paulandtyler. We weren't in it for making a creative username, I guess.
It turns out that there are a lot of sites around our town. Tyler searched for some, and he came up with seven results, all of which were within the limits of Oswego. So Tyler wrote down the coordinates of 7 places and we were off! To our disappointment, we only found 2 of the 7 caches, both of which were in trees. A couple others were in overgrown places...my legs still itch a little from wading through those damn weeds... aagh

I used a crappy little gps system I've had lying around for 3 or 4 years. I got it for Christmas from my mom. I was insulted.

Basically, Tyler and I searched for 2 in downtown Oswego and found nothing. After that, we made our way to the park with the skatepark and we found one! Then, we went to Panda Express for a late I-woke-up-late-so-I-ate-breakfast-late-meaning- there's-no-reason-to-eat-lunch-at-the-appropriate-time-but-I-still-get-hungry-before- dinner-so-let's-have-a-small-bite-to-eat lunch. *gasps for breath*
After that, we looked for 4 more and only found one. Apparently, other people have just recently found at least 2 of the 5 that we didn't see. I guess we hadn't looked hard enough. But hey, we're new at this.

I haven't written any music in a while. That's because I feel like I'm always being judged. I don't like that feeling, and I can't compose when it's imminent.

I've been drawing maps, though. I have a 14×17 inch drawing pad. (It rocks!) I used 4 pages of it to draw out a city that I cut into quarters. The northwest quarter is on one page, the northeast quarter on another, etc.

I also started drawing things other than maps. I drew a bunch of things whose words have the word "own" in them, and annotating them with words with pwn in them instead. If pwn can be pronounced as "pown," then why can't the word "cone" be spelled "cwn"?
Other words on there include bwn, microphwn, pwny, stwnhenge, macarwni, colwn, acetwn, and Sylvester Stallwn.

I think that started off as an inside joke with Julian.

College is going to suck balls. At first.
IMSA has taught me that to every new living situation, there is an adjustment period. Mine lasted about 6 weeks until it wasn't so bad anymore. It was still weird for about 3 months, but at least it was comfortable after a few weeks. After that, it should be nice. =) But it's going to be shitty for the first 6 weeks. I wish I can go there and instantly have been there for 6 weeks. XP but that's not going to happen...

v_v L_L <_< ^_^ >_>

I should start going to bed early......
...
...
...
...
NAAH!

No comments: