Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fuck my life.
Today on the way to work, I got caught up by the train. Between the bus stop where I got off and the school, there are train tracks. So I watch the train pass in front of me, going at 5 to 10 miles per hour, as the wind chill is right around -10. Damnit. But then I see the caboose about to pass in front of me, the light at the end of the tunnel. (And yes, I don't know if this train came from a century ago and traveled through time, but it actually had a caboose.) But then, the train stops. The car next to the caboose is at the intersection of the street I'm walking along and the train tracks. And then, it starts going backwards. Seriously? I have to wait for the whole fucking train to pass by again? And I did. I was 7 minutes late to work.

If that wasn't enough, I walk along Neil St. waiting for my bus to come and take me home, after work. So it comes. And it passes right by me. Great. So I walked to Illinois Terminal- about 10 blocks away. In the subzero wind chills.

Finally, it's 11:25. I'm at the Terminal and I have a class at noon. It's not even a lecture that I can easily afford to miss, either. This is when I BOARD the bus back. I don't return to the dorm until 11:45, when I am to leave the dorm to get to my 12:00 class on time. But I didn't, because I needed to eat; this is thanks to my Tuesday schedule that runs until 5pm.

Thanks, guy who drives the 2 South Red bus. Thanks. A whole. Fucking. Lot.

In other news, I have a shitty-ass grade in math. Matrix Theory? Any math class with "theory" in it. Listen. I don't want to define mathematics. I'm comfortable with notions of addition, multiplication, matrices, and vectors. I BELIEVE you when you tell me that 2+2=4. I don't need to redefine it through complex proofs when it's a fucking SIMPLE CONCEPT TO GRASP IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I had fun teaching at least. The only bad part was having to look at one of the kindergartners' faces covered in crusty solidified snot. Nasty. The 2nd grade accelerated class is great. The kids actually want to learn and they help each other, too. They gave me a bunch of accelerated classes to contrast with the "ghetto" trashy kids I had last semester. I do miss the kindergarteners I had last semester...and I know they miss me, too.

Just because I swear doesn't make me a douchebag. I'm just saying what I feel, and sometimes what I feel requires emphasis to convey it effectively.

I need to eat dinner...and do homework for Physics and math.

No comments: