Sunday, October 7, 2007

Homecomings

So last Saturday was IMSA's homecoming...I went with Erika. It was a TON of fun...first we went to Chili's to dinner with J.P., Ivy and Monica. J.P. got us all kids' menus and crayons YAY! Then was the dance, which was mostly Erika and I making up random dances and doing them in circles around the dance floor with people looking us, half laughingly and half wondering, "what the HELL are they doing?" Erika and I made up the Shark and the Swimmer, the Fisherman, the Waddle (a.k.a. awkward slow dance) and who knows what the hell else to call the others!

Last Wednesday was the robot arm competition, which went a lot better than I had feared. I had to put most of it together Tuesday night at the workshop; I worked until I was kicked out. And it was only me, because Ashwin and Connor both had other commitments, and it was only then, because the workshop hours are very limited. At that point, it was put together, but there was nothing to move it. But then the three of us met in the DDQ, finished it, and the next day, we placed 3rd or 4th in the competition out of 12. I was surprised. Our ideas were good, but our time was lacking.

So Jimmy and I refer to "ordering Chinese" as "killing ourselves." After all the stress of working in the workshop and not getting nearly enough done, I went up to Jimmy and said "Jimmy...today looks like a good day to die." And so we "killed ourselves." I got beef lo mein. And, holy shit, did I get beef lo mein. You know those white boxes that Chinese food comes in? I swear, the one that I got was 9 inches wide and 9 inches tall, or like the size of a volleyball. That came out to be dinner that night, lunch the next day, and dinner the next day.

Tyler's at a concert right now. He's in Chicago seeing Of Montreal, which is like his favorite band. Jason says they suck, but he listens to screamo-metal-type stuff, so what he says has no meaning whatsoever.

Then there was OHS homecoming, which I went to with Crystil and Sergio. It was pretty fun...I don't think I've danced for that long of a streak ever before. It was kind of odd seeing people who were my little brother's age there. It was even more odd talking to people I hadn't seen in 3 years...But hey.

Tomorrow we go to the orchard!

A new Buffalo Wild Wings opened in Oswego, and I went there today. I tried the hot wings, and OH, shit are they hot. I can't imagine what the blazin' ones taste like. My lips were burning for 15 minutes.

I've had Imogen Heap running through my head for the longest time. I kind of wish she's run out of it for a change, but her music is just so interesting...

That's right. I find certain music 'interesting.'

Here's a quick run-down:
Rock- Love it
Country- I respect it, it's just not what I like
Hip-hop- Okay
Rap- I don't classify it as 'music'
Metal- Has music in it...but if I wanted to listen to someone screaming and crying, my best friend has a baby sister.
Emo- I just don't understand this at all. I swear, people aged 12-15 will join any clique just to fit in somewhere.
Classical- The most boring classical music is the worst music on earth. But the most exciting classical music is the best music on earth.
Oldies- Well, I guess this term refers to all music that isn't recent, and that's a LOT of music. I prefer not to use this term...too broad.

Movies don't entertain me so much. It might be nice to have it in the background as a last resort for when the conversation hits a dry spot, but meh. Horror movies are exceptionally boring. Nothing really happens, except the movie tries to scare you. And sometimes they try so hard to scare you, that it doesn't make any sense at all. Come on. If you want to pull something that scares me, at least make it believable! And the whole try-to-scare-me thing gets old pretty fast. The Ring Two actually made me laugh.

Some movies just aren't meant to take seriously. Like Napoleon Dynamite. It got shitty reviews. But I laughed my ass off! Come on. Do you actually think they were trying to impress you? No, they just wanted you to laugh! And I hope you did. If you didn't, I'll just assume that you felt like you were made fun of by watching it, since you're probably just as stiff and nerdy as Napoleon is.

That's enough of that.

Orchard tomorrow! Apple cider, here I come.

No comments: