Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm here on Earth to search for a meaning.
Well, I've been at this school for 2 1/2 years, and I haven't found it.
I need to look somewhere else.

My meaning is not to go to this school; I am not meant to be here. I'm not sure anyone's meant to be here, except those college-whores and other people hell-bent on studying-- Because that's just about all you can do here.

All I can really do is play the piano and draw my drawings. And study. Who could forget the studying?

But I can't leave. Well, I guess I could. But it's been too long. I have to finish. I've come too far. I'll just spend the next three months wasting away.

I worked out yesterday for the first time in ages. It felt good. I need to do that more often.

There are two types of people in this world.

One type has no meaning.
The other type has meaning.
The type without meaning will constantly be entertaining themselves to distract themselves from the fact that they have no meaning.
The type with meaning realizes that each person has to create one's own meaning, so they have work ethics and try to define themselves.
The type without meaning does not realize that they can change themselves and work to become better people.
The type with meaning does realize that they can change themselves, and they DO work to become better people.

The meaning of a person, in other terms, is will to live. I'm searching for meaning, and hoping that I become happier, or more willing to live (I would only say the second way of putting it but that sounds emo). Springtime will help that. Graduating from this hellhole will destroy the depression I'm experiencing now, because then I will have more freedom and more opportunities to find my meaning.

Here's a suggestion for everyone: create something. Creating something not only does something for the world' it does two other things as well:

1. Creating something is also discovering the possibility of what you create. If you want to write a piano piece (and you're not godlike at music), you can't just formulate it all in your head. You have to play around on the piano and discover it--at least to an extent. It's also learning that what you create is possible.
2. Creating something is the ultimate way of realizing your potential. In creating something, you learn what you, yourself, are capable of. It is the best way to finding your own potential which is under your control.

Love is also another way you can find meaning, but I don't think anyone really controls that.

No comments: