Thursday, August 23, 2007

The story of a little cambodian

Today's highlights:
Ashwin, and
The rain.
But in a fun way this time.

Well the second part is fun.

First, we were under a tornado warning. I was outside at the tennis courts for wellness, and as soon as we were done warming up...a bunch of sirens go off. At the end of the month. And not on Tuesday. Shit! A tornado warning. So we all go inside and sit on the floor in the music wing. I was like DAMMIT I WANT TO SEE IT!!

But then another line of storms rolled in around 6. I was about to walk out of the main building when I noticed that the doors by the gym....were flooded. A bunch of fellow 01ers went running through it. I wandered around until it cleared (maybe 10 minutes later), and then I went outside to find the corner of the road around yare flooded. A bunch of people were playing in it, so I took off my shoes and socks (and put my electronic stuff in my shoes). It didn't last for a minute before that drain was unclogged. So I put my shoes in a tree and went by the 02 slabs, which I know to be always flooded after heavy rain. The water there was deeper than I had ever seen it, like 3" deep. Then I spotted a bunch of people from 04 going to where the yare road was flooded. I went to go tell them that it was deep around other parts of campus, but they came up with a better plan; go sliding in the flooded areas by 04. It was a kickass idea. It was Asya, Phoebe, me, Bryan, Chris, and April-Hope all sliding through the water. It rocked.

I came back, got checked (all soaked and covered in grass), took a shower, and now I'm here doing this. And it's still storming. And there's gnarly lightning outside my window.

w00t.

I did an assload of Ad Chem today, but I only know it's going to escalate to a shitload, or maybe even a fuckload each day, eventually. WHOA. Sorry, there was some nasty lightning. Whew!

So um, Ashwin's back. I saw him for the first time this year. He's officially back, guys. But he's not going to live in our quad. That's fair, because I don't want to see Bryan kicked out, or rejected in any way for that matter. I hope everything goes okay. And I hope that the staff thinks that we're assholes enough to want to get rid of Bryan. I would hate to see him go, anyways. It's nice having him hanging with us.

I caught Ashwin up on all the stuff that's gone on, stealing corn, annoying Steven's quad, meeting Sophomores and what-not. I hope that the staff gives him the opportunities that he once had, the ones he deserves.

F%@king staff. Not letting us in the main door. Not letting us out the main door. Screwing over Ashwin. As of last year, the glory was gone. As of now, my opinion of IMSA is negative. This place just keeps getting more and more on my nerves. But the people here just keep getting more and more awesome.

I need to bring swim trunks so I can go swimming. And I need to bring back my laundry card...durrrr

Maybe it won't rain tomorrow! Right now, there's a flash flood warning, a flood warning, a flash flood watch, and a flash flood statement. What the shit?

On to homework

No comments: