Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I love the rain. Thanks to it, I spent all of yesterday at the office and driving around and all of today doing calculations at the office. Laid-backness for the WIN!

I wish I could remember the lyrics I came up with for this song I was writing when I was in the shower...Curse you, paper, and your inability to remain intact when in contact with water. You too, computer keyboard.

This is a stab at one of the THREE sets of lyrics I need to crank out now:

I want to let you know that when I spend my time with you
It's heavenly
But when your friends surround us I don't know what I'm to do
And I never see
How to act when they are there because it's odd and such,
How fast we've moved
And even though I didn't either, when you didn't talk much
I was confused

But I saw a glimmer
Of your cuteness that shimmered
And it stood out in the darkness
Brought upon by the lack of starkness

I want to let you know that when I said "hi" to you
Like we do all the time
Intermittently even though I've been here with you
I saw it shine

You went to answer cutely but then you caught yourself
And went on, ignoring
And if it's what I think it was, you wanted no one else
To be shocked by our thing

Buts still I saw that glimmer
Of your cuteness that shimmered
And it stood out in the coldness
Because your friends shouldn't know this
Thing we share

--
I always wondered what a track list would look like if I ever put together an album. If I did, I would make two albums. One would be for my more professional songs with lyrics (mostly) and one would be random unserious stuff.

Songs with words list:

Search for Meaning
The Robin
So Far Away
Thing we Share
Psychological Surrender
Flashlight
Dreams of Flight
Makes me Wonder
Cool with Each Other
Going to the Zoo
Elevator

I should put those in an order that is of optimal awesomeness as opposed to just randomly. I should also make a definitive place, either on paper or on the interwebs, that is to keep all of my notes for song lyrics. There are 11 of them already, and only 2 of the lyrics are done!

I need to work tomorrow. Hopefully more chill-ness. =) I wonder who reads these...

No comments: