Saturday, May 31, 2008

Regrets. So many regrets. I had the chances to get to know a lot of amazing people. But I didn't take them- or I didn't do so to the extent that I wish I had. Oh well.
I'll miss my friends, of course. But I'm also going to sorely miss the people who I could have gotten to know better, because if the connection to them hasn't already been established, then there will be less of a motivation to keep in touch, and therefore less of a probability of seeing them again.
Mrs. Cain said everyone is a mystery. Holy shit, is that true. I saw a girl who spent a lot of time on her appearance and I thought that meant she was probably superficial. And holy shit, was I wrong. She's actually pretty insightful, very friendly, and quite independent. I made a lot of assumptions. Wrong ones. I wonder who else I could have met that would have defied my expectations.
But it's too late to get to know those people now. All I can do is wait for the next set of people I have to deal with-- the friends I meet in college. I can't focus on my past regrets, because I can't fix what happened in the past. All I can do is learn from the mistakes I made and apply my newly-acquired knowledge to what I do in the future. I'm just trying to become a better person. I'll miss all of you in the class of 2008, and I will miss the opportunities I had to get to know each and every one of you.

No comments: