Thursday, May 29, 2008

Regrets

I am getting owned by nostalgia and regrets.
There were so many opportunities I could have taken. So many people I could have gotten to know better. So many people who could have been great friends.
But I never did anything.
All I did this year was sit in my room, when amazing people were waiting outside.
I think I may have been happier if I lived on the other side of campus. But I like 01 guys better.
Nah, location has nothing to do with it. Forget that last thought. It's just my chicken-shit self not getting out there. All I can do is regret.
Actually, that's not true either. I can regret, but I can also strive to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future- I can make sure that I face my fear of-- well, people. I can get out there more.
That's why I chose Hendrick House, a residence hall full of studious males-- so I can get my ass outside! Plus, it's right across the street from a bunch of people. I hope I have access to enough girls, majoring in engineering.
It's my own damn fault. I really want to change the past. But I can't. Son of a bitch. I am powerless.
I will sorely miss my friends, but I will miss the opportunities I could have taken even more sorely.

No comments: