Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My opinion: Facebook > Myspace

I think I figured out why facebook is more mature than myspace.

Facebook's purpose is to network people to their friends. Myspace's purpose is more about posting information about yourself...Not personal information, but it's to help someone learn about that person more. But if you're mature enough, you know that if you want to get to know someone, you TALK TO THEM! You can't do that over the internet! That's just stupid, to all of us older people with social experience. Younger people don't know enough to find that meeting people over the internet is stupid, though. Facebook knows what they're doing, though. They know why most people any older than 15 use sites like myspace, facebook, xanga, etc. It's to connect them to their friends in a convenient way. Don't get the chance to see how one of your friends are doing? Look online! Leave messages, send greetings, keep in touch, communicate-- that's what it's about. More mature people know that you don't meet people over the internet--but you can communicate with those friends that you have already made over the internet. Now THAT makes sense. Facebook knows that it is sensible to use an online networking site like itself, myspace, xanga, and the like, to keep in touch and communicate with friends, and that meeting people online is a load of crap. So it aims to serve the sensible purpose.

Doesn't that make sense? Really, now--let me know if it doesn't.

I really need to work out more. It's my New Year's Resolution. I know it's not the New Year for you, but it is for me. I just turned 18. So from my perspective, it is the new year. The year nineteen A.P.

No comments: